Monday 29 December 2014

My Tops of 2014

Hey!

I thought because it is the end of 2014 so I will do a best of 2014! One for each category TV, Movies, Book and Game! So get ready yo!

This was a really had thing to pick as I have read a lot of books but I decided to do two categories, best series and best new series that I started this year!

Best series book is THE CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE by Cassandra Clare!

This is the final in The Mortal Instruments series so I can’t say too much about the plot and I have mentioned this book and series before on my blog cause I love it!. It follows our main protagonist Clary as she discovers her world is full of secrets and mystery… she is a shadow hunter!

I would be surprised if you guys didn't know about this book series as it has gotten a lot of hype and there has also been a movie out about this series as well (The movie was terrible and now they are trying to make a TV show…) I loved this book because oft he characters and the great sassy remarks which Cassandra is so good at putting into her stories! Obviously being a final book I was excited to see what was going to happen and I was quite happy with the ending, it lead perfectly into her new series coming out next year THE DARK ARTIFICES.

My Favorite new series is THE LUX SERIES by Jennifer L Armentrout
This series has been out for a while and I have finally jumped on the band wagon! This series follows Katy as she moves to a new town and discovers her neighbors are not what they seem…

I love Jennifer's writing style and how she can give you the right amount of background information in a small amount of time, I don’t like books that lack the detail which is needed in a book such as this. I love the characters some oft hem are so sassy and the banter between the characters, it also has some good action as well which is always a plus. And like most of Jennifer's books there is a hot guy or a bunch of hot guys

My Favorite TV show is GAME OF THRONES

I realized this should have been on my top 10 favorite TV Shows list but I somehow forgot it! This was still hard as there have been some great TV shows this year and even though I was late to jump on the GoT bandwagon I’m still beyond happy I did! The show is gripping and has so much detail it keeps you entertained even though it has a lot of blood and guts. The story lines are great and I love some oft he characters like the mother of dragons and some oft he Lannisters and Starks.
I’m super excited fort he next season to start next year plus hoping to start the book series too! George R.R Martin is the man!

My Favorite Movie is X MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

This movie was so good!, I have always loved the X men universe and although I haven’t read a lot oft he comic book series I have always been a fan, even watched the many TV shows that have been on.
This movie joins both the original X men from the first set of movies with the newer set, it was quite exciting to see the young professor X with the old professor x. This movie follows wolverine as he must travel from the destroyed future tot he past to stop the destruction from taking place, it brings in a lot of new characters which is something I love and even though I thought the story line might be confusing it wasn't it played out easily and the character development was good. I also love how we got to meet the X Mens version of Quicksilver who is also going to be in the new avengers film but is completely different.
This has lead it in a great way fort he next films to come and I’m still hoping for a X Men VS Avengers movie

My Favorite Game is DIABLO 3

I started playing this game this year as I haven’t played any oft he other ones but was excited to give this one a chance, I thought the best way to explain it would be to show the blurb from the Battle Net website

We're proud of the original Diablo's dark, moody atmosphere and engaging item-grabbing gameplay. Diablo II added more environmental and monster variety, more diverse classes, and a number of unique elements that have since become synonymous with the franchise (like gems, runes, set items, etc.).
Both games established the series' hallmarks: randomized levels, the relentless onslaught of monsters and events in a perpetually fresh world, unique quests, tons of items, and an epic story about the High Heavens, the Burning Hells, and the hapless and heroic human beings caught between them.

I like to be a Wizard (There is 6 classes in the extension) in this game and am a fan of the ranger style! This game has a great story especially with the extension which I highly recommend if you can get it. Its also really awesome to not play the story and to level up and farm some really good items, highly recommend this game to any gamer and even a good game to start out with, this was one of my first proper games and I found it easy to work it just takes time to work out what items and skills are best for you.
That was my list and I hope it gave you some ideas and you enjoy it
I hope you are doing well and have a great day
Peace : )
(Images from wiki and goodreads if you want more info)

No comments:

Post a Comment