Thursday 4 December 2014

Genres I don't really read...

Hey!

There is a lot of genres that I don't really read, I think part of it is because I have never been able to buy a lot of books, only been able to get a few for my birthday or Christmas and at special sales and another reason would be I have my favorite types so never really wanted to branch out.

Its not like I hate any genre type of book just for some they just aren't really my cup of tea or I haven't felt like it. I think some books you need to be in the right mood for to get the full experience out of them.

Me trying to get into the right zone...
(Gif from http://college-life-crisis.tumblr.com/)

These genres are most serious contemporary books I don't really read, I usually read the funny type of contemporary and for this I'm disappointed in myself because I know there is so many great contemporary reads out there. Any suggestions are more than welcome!
I also don't read a lot of Sci-fi, thriller or crime novels either, as I have never been a fan of scary type books since I was younger, I sort of grew out of Goosebumps and I believe Anthony Horowitz also wrote some super scary books that I read as a kid and it just put me right off them. I have wanted to read more sci-fi and crime mystery type books definitely Those genres in the right setting I think I could really enjoy. I read my first alien book series this year which I guess is kinda sci-fi.

I don't really know how to read and enjoy these genres
(Gif from http://hello-tf-things.tumblr.com)

I've always been a comfort reader, I read what I like and nothing more its like a safety blanket reading for me, such a huge load is off my shoulders when I go deep into a new mysterious world unlike our own and so many genres I have closed the door to.

This is what I'm like reading
(Gif from http://diehard-fangirl.tumblr.com/)

I think to say as you get older however these things change and now I do read a lot more variety as I have started to get into these genres but also adult and new adult books as well. Trying to stretch my range which I think is great, to get out of that comfort zone and to discover something new like with writing my blog its something new and definitely out of my comfort zone.


How I feel about my future reading endeavors
 (Gif from https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/reading-gif)
If anyone has any recommendations totally let me know I'm excited to get out there more I'm getting too old and haven't read enough books

I hope to have another blog up soon, something a little different this time I hope

I hope you are doing well and have a great day
Peace : )



No comments:

Post a Comment