Tuesday 9 December 2014

Just a book library chat

Hey!

I don't know if anyone noticed but trying to just post on week days and not at the weekend, and I will be MIA over the full Christmas period as I have to get among all the exciting things as this is my first Christmas away from the Lovely New Zealand.

I am living at the moment in Germany, trying to learn the language and culture! I hope to find a job really soon haha, I thought it was hard to find a job in my own country, definitely a lot harder in someone else's!

And living here means I am away from my amazing lovely book collection, it sucks sometimes because there are a couple series that I love to re read especially when I have a lot more free time such as the Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison (Now have kindle versions) which is a funny contemporary read about a girl named Georgia trying to deal with the issues of growing up, dealing with friends and meeting boys!. I do have a few books here with me that I did bring over and that my folks have sent plus a couple I have bought!

My library consists of books two and three in the Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind one I got sent and the other I came with it, this series follows a number of different people namely Richard as he discovers there is so much more to his world. I also came with the fourth book in the Soul Seeker series by Alyson Noel called HORIZON, I really like the series its about magic but in such a cool different native people type way very cool. And I was also given Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott as a present, this book is supposed to be hunger games meets pokemon type deal as far as I know not 100% sure though!



Creepy cover... I like it
Interesting series...
This is prettier in the flesh!

Books I have bought while I have been here are the final installment of The Mortal Instruments series By Cassandra Clare, CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE, I loved this series and just had to get the new one, though disappointed I didn't get the NZ/Australian copy as it had a really awesome comic in the end, this series follows Clary as her world gets tipped upside down when she discovers she is a Shadow Hunter!. I also bought The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, I am really excited to start reading this as I have only heard such good things about it, its like historical fiction set in world war two so definitely looking forward to it.


Loved this books! Final in this series!
Heard only great things about this book!




















I do find buying books here in Germany hard though as obviously my mother language is English that's what I want my books to be in, some book stores have an English section which is great but the section is very limited. I have been trying to find some more English book stores but just haven't really had the time just yet, it does mean if I get books its usually not a physical book as I do have a kindle but also they likely come from Amazon which is okay but I would prefer to support book stores and physical books. love the feel of a physical copy of a book!.

If anyone knows of any good bookstores in Germany let me know in a comment!

I hope you are doing well and have a great day
Peace : )


No comments:

Post a Comment