Friday 5 December 2014

Book to Movie/TV Show Talk

Hey!

This is such a massive topic I most likely will come back to it, however I saw a question in a tag on BookTube and it was would you rather all books be made into TV shows or Movies and it got me thinking... What would I pick

Its easy to see especially at the moment that movie makers are loving to make book to movie adaptations and this is seen in TV Shows, and this results in the good the bad and the ugly!

Sounds a bit harsh but some movie adaptation are very poorly made, I understand you need to cut heaps out of the book to make it movie size but changing rather large sections can have its consequences for such die hard fans. The Mortal Instruments based on the series by Cassandra Clare and the Vampire Academy movie based on the series by Richelle Mead were okay for me but I think they could have been better if more time had gone into them and the right people were there that actually had a passion for what they were doing.


So much potential!
Was okay, not great...























A good movie adaptation I would have to say would be the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, the story is a little different and they cut some things out but its still got so much of the tone and most of the content from the book that fans of the books can relate get it and love it.
There just seems too many book to movie adaptations though and I'm getting a little sick of them, especially when they have been done so many times like the fairy tales (Not a fan of the snow white movies that have come out). Don't get me wrong I do enjoy them and I gladly go see them when I book I like is turned into a movie or start reading a book as I liked the movie or TV show.


Only a few changes
I hope this is just as good
Was one of the best adaptation ever!

I have done this with Game of Thrones, and so many people say about these kinds of shows and movies that the book was just better... It brings up the question do you read the book first? For me its normally a yes, I read the book before I see or watch a TV show mostly.
AMAZING SERIES!

Guilty Pleasure
But with TV shows these are mixed for me, I quite like the Vampire Diaries and True Blood but never read the books and watching the shows makes me not want to read them. TV shows get so much more room, more room to craft the story but also more room to change it. Look at the delirium pilot, was supposed to be a TV show from the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver... I quite liked this series but the pilot had the whole first book in it! It had beyond insta love, as in it only took 40 minutes!. This to me was done poorly, I liked the books and it could have made a really good show as the plot and the ideas behind the story I thought could make a great TV show...
Great series books meh

I loved these books, show however...








Please don't think I only like vampires! Just such easy examples, the adult books and other moe contemporary books to movie adaptation has been done a lot better I think with movies like the Notebook, the Giver, the Book Thief, the Help etc. John Green and Nicolas Sparks books have adapted well to the book/movie change, there is still hope and this is a never ending discussion!
Lets hope the future book adaptations get there stuff together... Really hoping the Mortal Instruments TV Show is good too...

I hope you are doing well and have a great day
Peace : )

(Images from IMDB and internet trolling)

No comments:

Post a Comment