Wednesday 4 March 2015

New Book I need! Sorceress by Claudia Gray!

Hey!

So today I want to talk about one of my favourite authors.... Claudia Gray!

One of the first series I read that got me into paranormal was her Evernight series.

This series follows a girl Bianca who moves a it her teacher parents to Evernight Academy! A place for vampires and humans to coexist.  It has a Gothic feel where everyone seems just too perfect until she meets the mysterious Lucas a human boy!
But there is some epic secrets which could change everything! Dun dun duuuuuuuuun
It's a 4 book series, Evernight, Stargazer, Hourglass and Afterlife and I really liked them all! It's got some great twists to it which I wasn't expecting but there is also a sort of companion novel about one of the main characters too which was awesome seeing a character that you fall in love with have there own book so you get there story Balthazar. If you want more info about the Evernight series you can find it HERE on Claudia Gray's website or HERE on Goodreads







BUT

She has a lot more series then that, the Firebird series which has the most beautiful covers and is about time travel (I have talked about this series in another blog showing the covers so you may want to check that out!) and the Spellcaster series!

This series is about witches and follows Nadia as her family move to a new town and feels the crazy magic that is there. She befriends Mateo who is shadowed in gossip as his family is said to be a little bit loopy claiming to see the future!
But they must work together to break the curse on his family and also deal with other crazy stuff going on!
This is the official synopsis for the first book in the series Spellcaster, this is followed by Steadfast and the new and final book Sorceress! Plus a novella set well before the first novel called The First Midnight Spell.

"When Nadia’s family moves to Captive’s Sound, she instantly realizes there’s more to it than meets the eye. Descended from witches, Nadia senses a dark and powerful magic at work in her new town. Mateo has lived in Captive’s Sound his entire life, trying to dodge the local legend that his family is cursed - and that curse will cause him to believe he’s seeing the future … until it drives him mad. When the strange dreams Mateo has been having of rescuing a beautiful girl—Nadia—from a car accident come true, he knows he’s doomed.

Despite the forces pulling them apart, Nadia and Mateo must work together to break the chains of his family’s terrible curse, and to prevent a disaster that threatens the lives of everyone around them. Shimmering with magic and mystery"



Book 1 (Love that cover)
Book 2 (Love the colours!)
Novella (I love stars!)














I love the villain in this first novel they makes me so angry yet they is so intriguing and you want to know more (which helps cause there is the Novella) and they were very unexpected at the beginning!, I'm trying not to spoil sorry Ahh its so hard when you just want to talk about it. Nadia is a lovable character and the fact that she doesn't have her mother there to teacher all she needs to know makes Nadia more believable because you can feel with her as she struggles through life at times.

This is the series I want to talk about as the new and final book in the series has just been released it is called Sorceress! It was just released yesterday (March 3rd) and I'm super excited to get my hands on this baby! I don't want to say too much about it because its the last in a series but its a witchy battle type of series where lines will be drawn in the sand and we got to find out whose on which side!

Book 3, Love this cover it actually looks magical!

I love her writing and I love the stories that Claudia Gray puts together, there is always something different about them the immediately draws me in and she has become a bit of an auto buy author for me. Plus I'm not normally a fan of people on covers but I find these 3 covers in this series as awesome and super pretty!

It's been long awaited to see what happens to Nadia Mateo and there friends so get among it people and get this book or look into the series!. It has a great new magical system not like many I have read before and was one of the first witch books I ever read! Which made me love the genre, it shows a great powerful woman but the main character of Nadia is so easy to relate to for me and I connected easily to her and this awesome story! And this is what I find with most of Claudia Gray's characters as I could connect with Bianca as well!

Still wish I could be a witch would be great fun
If you like Claudia Gray's other books or like witch series and a cool new world I would definitely recommend picking this series up!

I hope your doing well and have a great day
Peace : )

No comments:

Post a Comment