Tuesday 10 March 2015

Peachville High Demons By Sarra Cannon!

Hey!

So I have decided to try do a sort of spotlight thing as I have already talked about a author that I like so now I want to talk about more THINGS such as have a  blog for a game I like, a movie, TV show and book! I think its a good idea it gets me to have more blogs and it lets me talk about some of the things I love in life!


So I want to talk about a series I have gotten into is called the Peachville High Demons Series by self published author Sarra Cannon.

This is the first of her series that I have read and I really enjoyed this series!. Its about Harper Madison who has something about herself that she just can’t work out which means she moves from Foster house to foster house until she comes tot he peaceful looking town of Peachville where her last chance is Shadowford House. There its he classic cliche that everyone wants to be a part of and secrets revolve around them and a murder happens which Harper is somehow being dragged in… DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN!

Official Synopsis From Goodreads

“Harper Madison isn't like other girls. She has extraordinary powers, but her inability to control them has gotten her kicked from so many foster homes she's lost count. Shadowford Home is her last chance, and she hopes Peachville High will be the fresh start she needs. But when evidence ties her to the gruesome murder of a Demons cheerleader, Harper discovers this small town has a big secret"


There are 6 main books in the series BEAUTIFUL DEMONS, INNER DEMONS, BITTER DEMONS, SHADOW DEMONS, RIVAL DEMONS and DEMONS FOREVER. There are also 2 stories from the character of Jackson as well, I don’t want to say too much because I don’t want to spoil anyone for this awesome series!

This series is great and even though the books are really small it does pack a lot into the story especially with the characters there is a lot of development especially with the main character of Harper throughout the whole series. There are also lovely boys such as Jackson he is really a cool character and I like the dynamic between him and the main character of Harper. There are some bitchy kind of characters too as with any high school setting but I like it. The school hast he normal cliches of any high school cheerleaders and jocks but it highlights some oft he more different  groups and Harper fits into none oft he groups she is so different and has her own individuality that I find refreshing, she can wear girly colours but match it with black, these things make it so easy to relate to her as a character.

I don’t want to give too much away in terms oft he plot or the major characters at play throughout the books but dayum its good! The villains are sometimes confusing and this book even had me guessing as to what was going on hell I still don’t know whats going on and I’m almost done with the series! It has some great systems and world building that I like, the small details is something I really react to in a book.

I do want to just take a sec and say how awesome it is that this author is self published and amazing I would definitely check out her page if you are into writing and want some tips HERE
There is also a I guess a companion series that is set in the same world but different characters called SACRIFICE ME series and I can’t wait to get into that, this world is great and I really enjoy Sarra Cannon’s writing style that I will definitely be picking more of her books up.

I love Harper and Jackson and the whole gang in this series and would definitely recommend it!, I will say without giving too much away but it is magical and I guess supernatural so if you are into those kind of of things than this might be a series for you. The books are really quick reads and for me they were great to get me out of my reading slump

I hope your doing well and have a great day
Peace : )

No comments:

Post a Comment