Tuesday 24 February 2015

Some sites to check out!


Hey!

So thought I would try to do another blog, I want to try do something different so I'm definitely trying to make some more newer blogs maybe some reviews!

Shadowhunter Tarot cards
But today I want to talk about a couple of illustrators that I really like and a store for jewelry based on book series! There are heaps of these people that do such amazing work but these are the ones I know the most, if you have more idea than totally let me know!

First there is Cassandra Jean! She is amazing like wow I love her art work they look so detailed and she puts a lot of work into making it just perfect. And I really like how she does a lot of different characters from many different books too. There is Shadowhunters from Cassandra Clare's books, the Ravan Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, A lot of series by Holly Black and much more!

Vixen, Santa's Reindeer
Manga she worked on
I know that she has worked a lot with authors such as Cassandra Clare and made specific projects such as tarot cards which you can now buy! And she even did the Manga for beautiful creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

She also has her own original art such as the reindeer series where she has re done Santa's reindeer's to have some personality and sass. She seems to be a gamer and makes art for some of the games she plays of her characters such as final fantasy and dragon age.


Athena portayal
Some of the art that I have loved of hers was the mythology series that she did where she designed the greek gods, they were amazing and beautiful and I think captured an amazing angle of them

The reason I love her art so much is because its individual but also it helps me picture details that I missed especially in the art she does for book characters, and you can even by some of her art on clothes and in print from a website called Society6 they have a bunch of cool art plus she is good at interacting with her followers.

Here is a link to her Tumblr where you can see her art and find her other media
(All images are from her tumblr)



The other artist that I love is Aegisdea!
Tessa, Will, Jem and Church (TiD
Who also sells prints and clothes on Society6 but also nuvango which makes t shirts with a full print of the art which I love the idea of! She also goes by the name of Drei

She has done heaps of different book art like Cassandra jean, the Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare (As you can tell one of my favourites!) Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan and his other series too but she also has done some work of the Amazing Spiderman and game of thrones.
Anabeth from Percy Series
Percy Jackson














She has some really cool original art as well and she has even done Visayans mythology which is some of my favourite art done by her! Its from where she is from the Philippines and its really awesome, its cool to learn new things like this. That has to be some of my favorite art I have ever seen so beautiful and just amazing, she has also done greek mythology with Cassandra Jean

Sirena: Mermaid
Libulan the Moon
Her art style to me is unique and sometimes can seem a little dark but I love it! The colours she uses and the detail that she goes into is awesome! Its cool how she does show some of her concepts and how she gets from the start of a design such as a face to being a completed picture where she actually interacts with everyone and tells you how she does it or just answers random questions which is really awesome for people looking into doing this kind of art more.
The most amazing thing is she is young still going through college which is epic to think she juggles all her art selling things and every day life what a awesome woman!

Here you can find her tumblr which shows her art but also connections to her media
(All images are from her tumblr)


The last thing I want to talk about is an amazing jewelry site called Hebel design!

Tessa's Clockwork Angel!
They make jewelry based on book series and have a wide selection necklaces, bracelets, rings and earrings!. It is all inspired by the different books whether its directly in the book or a representation of characters they have everything and the quality is amazing! I do have a piece myself surprised by my boyfriend who bought me Tessa's from the Infernal devices by Cassandra Clare Clockwork angel pendant and its amazing it has such great detail and is top notch quality highly recommend there workman ship.


Apollyon Bracelet 


They are based in the US but they do ship internationally so people do need to be aware of the costs that could involve however for international people if you spend more than 60 bucks you can get free shipping!

Some Shadowhunter Earrings
The book series they have at the moment are Covenant, Dark Elements, Edenbrooke/Blackmoore, Grisha Trilogy, Iron Fey, Lux, Lynburn Legacy, Magisterium, Modern Faerie Tales, Sweet Trilogy, Shadowhunters Chronicles, Talon and The Selection. Plus they have some other jewelry Signature which has somethings outside these categories and also have basic cords, chain, bracelets for if you buy a pendant or something you can pick up a nice piece
They also have a clearance section where you can pick up some great bargains!


Aidans Rose Pendant
Anna and Kaidan's Rings
Highly recommend checking these guys out beautiful jewelry and its great to see pieces you have pictured in your head come to life from Aidan's rose pendant in the covenant series by Jennifer L Armentrout to Anna or Kaidan's ring in the Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins! definitely worth it, I love my pendant that I got from them




Here you can find the website for the jewelry! (All images are from there website)

These are just some of the cool pages I like, for jewelry do try Etsy its a great website and you can find some amazing things on there too!

I hope you are doing well and have a great day
Peace : )

No comments:

Post a Comment