Wednesday 11 February 2015

Germany Culture, learning the language and Food Glore

Hey!


I thought I would talk a little bit about my first opinions of this glorious county and what I have seen so far.
The inside of my Favourite museum
The German culture is seen as a big drinking culture and it is but so so much more! First the lame stuff there are so many amazing museums and history here, I have gotten to experience that quite a bit having done a museum day where I did museum island. That is I believe 4 museums and a national art gallery woop woop. I have also been to a couple of other museums too. The history is awesome yo I highly recommend coming here to just look around and look at the buildings such beauty! I do think that one oft he reasons I like it so much is because the architecture is so different to what I have at home as NZ isn't a very old country especially not as old as Europe is.
Probs my favoutite building!
But there is so much more to do there are some great clubs and bars to try, even a pub where they only speak English and have lots of sports such as rugby and cricket from the UK, Australia, NZ and what not so makes me feel right at home! Hoping to catch some All Blacks Games (NZ Rugby team, if you don't know what rugby is look it up its awesome!). There is heaps of sports fields to watch Football (Soccer) too this city has it all!
I did go to a small Oktoberfest and it was pretty awesome!

Wish I could do that...
Cute Animals!
The people are great and in a lot oft he places you go such as malls everyone speaks English so when my German is having a bad day I can just speak English. Plus the Zoo and aquarium is flipping awesome loved the polar bears and elephants, I am an animal fan though the map is expensive and the stuff in the gift shops are too but love me some animals.
So what I have learned about the German language is that… its really hard! I have been having a lot of trouble with the language, learning a whole new language is crazy, I really wish I had taken the chance to learn German in high school I fit weren't fort he fact that I didn't like that teacher

I have got apps even on my phone to help me learn, free Babbel and Pons which is awesome I even have a dictionary sort of app. Apps are just awesome sometimes soon they will have apps for everything. I also live in a house full of Germans so that is helping me but its complicated yo. I learnt a language in high school and that's so much easier!

The don't freak out phase of learning a language
Too many words not enough time phase









This thing is awesome in bread form
I love food! Food is like my meaning of life and I have been used to all of my Kiwi foods like my good old Sunday roasts and everything but nope don’t have that here.
And that's okay with me I like to try new things and I have been, here I have had a lot of Potatoes and sausages. The weird thing for me is having bread for dinner, normally I have a hot meal for dinner but nope here I have bread with lots of different things on them like meats and cheese woo haha
And the hot meal is at lunch where I had sandwiches or even a meal. I know this probably sounds stupid for everyone else but for me its super weird.
It tastes better than it looks honest!
I have discovered a magical food however called Döner! This is like a kebab in bread and its so good om nom nom I definitely will miss this if I go home oh and Currywurst! It's like a sausage in curry sauce simple haha but awesome and you have it with hot chips or Pommes in the Deutsch language :D

I like the tradition that comes with being here and especially with there food some o fit is so fulling and amazing but in meats that I haven’t normally eaten so its a great experience to try new things that's what being here is all about for me to try new things and learn new skills

I love NZ and I will always love it that tiny bit more but its great to get out and explore the world, I highly recommend to everyone to get out of your comfort zone try something different, new and exciting cause you never know you might just love it.

Travel will Blow Your Mind!
I hope to have some gaming and TV show blogs up soon so look out fort hat. I know this is a little random to talk about but I wanted to share my experiences maybe you can share yours

I hope your doing well and have a great day
Peace : )

(I own nothing but the words pictures just from gif sites)

No comments:

Post a Comment