Tuesday 19 May 2015

TV show review Revenge!

Hey!

So there has been some big season finale episodes of a couple of my favourite shows and I want to vent my anger and all the feels!

Infinity X Infinity
Today I want to talk about revenge, this show was one of my favourites from the beginning! It was one of those shows were I would sit down with my mum and we would watch and be like "NO WAY" and "YOU GO GIRL". But sadly I found out after I had watched the 4th season finale that they aren't going to be making any more... : (. To be completely honest I did see this coming the story revolves around revenge and that has to end at one point you can't have it going around in an endless circle because that would get either really repetitive or boring or BOTH!

I do love these DVD covers
The official synopsis that I can fine for the show that I found ono the lovely internet which gives a really good overview of what the show is about

"Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) comes to the Hamptons and rents a beach house next to the Grayson family mansion for the summer. Emily is really Amanda Clarke, whose father was framed for treason when she was a little girl. After a lengthy trial, he was imprisoned for life, and was murdered in prison by agents of the people who framed him. Amanda was separated from him after his trial and never saw him afterwards. She has now returned to the Hamptons as an adult to exact revenge on those who wronged her and her father. Her primary target is Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe), matriarch of the Grayson family, who loved and betrayed Amanda's father. The show focuses on Amanda's plot to destroy every individual who played a role in her father's imprisonment. Along the way, she discovers various facts about her father's past which change her plans many times. As the series progresses, Amanda brings in other individuals as allies for her plan.
This season... THE FEELS

As Amanda executes the stages of her elaborate plan, she finds it difficult to remain emotionally detached. She struggles to identify her true motivations and examines how her actions change her sense of identity. As she enlists trusted friends into her schemes, she worries how their involvement will change their lives and how she will proceed after she enacts her revenge on those who wronged her and her father."

And this show also has such a cool cast too, I love Emily Van Camp as I watched Everwood when I was younger plus she is in Captain America winter solider as well. She only had a small part in that but in the next Captain America I really hope that her part will be bigger. It did take me some time to get it in my head that I wasn't watching her in her more romcom type dramas like Everwood and Brothers and Sisters but once you see her character its great!. Amanda is just such an epic character she is ruthless and will do anything to protect the ones she loves but there is a soft side to her and watching her grow during the show was really cool, I credit the writers for doing that so well.
And every girl needs a BFF who is just as awesome, in revenge that is Nolan Ross (Gabriel Mann) he is probably my favourite character by far! He is sassy and smart being a IT wiz having his own company and being a billionaire plus he is on Amanda's side having been given his big break by Amanda's father David Clarke before his death.

I do love Amanda's choice in men too, and I like that the story focuses on Amanda and her revenge, yes there are love interests that play into the show but its always about the story, #JackPorter

#Victoria Grayson
And to all of these thriller revenge shows there needs to be a villain, I guess the main one would be Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe) who is elegant and regal. I love that she is as ruthless as Amanda well really she is worse! The thing I liked a bout this show is she is out for revenge so there were more than just the Grayson's as Amanda's target. This made the show more entertaining and one of the reason's why I stuck around for so long.

I can see why people wouldn't like it as it was a little dragged out in some areas and did at times get a little annoying with the story but I really liked the growth and the way all the characters had there place even if I was like WTF as to some of the stuff happening! One certain death in season 3 did bring me to tears as I said no repeatedly to the TV but hey I get involved in my shows sometimes who can blame me!

The setting is great very sort of  like more classy gossip girl where its there mothers as there is sort of a housewives feeling with there queen bee and fighting for the top spot which makes it interesting with the revenge plot line. I love the assortment of other characters that have popped in throughout the series and I must say this was a good looking cast!

I love how this is back to being like the original
So the finale... I guessed a bit of what was going on as it was a little obvious but the smaller details were the parts like stumped me, I am one of those people that do like to guess the plot (My success rate at that is not so good... I think I have an overactive imagination and think of ideas far too elaborate) And I was wondering whether it would end in a big fluffy bow or not I was surprised to say it wasn't as clear cut as I was hoping and I mean a spin off could be quiet  cool hint hint ABC...

I liked the end and was happy with how the show finished off, I would say the finale was like 3.75 stars but the show is a 4 star show easily sometimes a 5 star depending on the season
If you like thriller revenge shows with a killer kick butt female lead than I would definitely give this show a watch especially now as you can marathon it till its finished. I'm sad its over but I'm ready for new shows that ABC has to offer woop woop!

I hope your doing good and have a great day
Peace : )

(Pics from wiki pages and gifs from giphy)

No comments:

Post a Comment