Tuesday 26 May 2015

Confessions Of Gerogia Nicolson Series Review!

Hey!
Number 1

One of my favourite series I think I have ever read would be The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, now I know I'm older now but these books still hold a special place in my heart and on my bookshelf!.


These amazing books are written by the lovely Louise Rennison! And she even made a sort of spin off series about Georgia’s cousin Tallulah (The Misadventures of Tallulah Casey).

This series follows Georgia as she navigates growing up, from embarrassing parents, crazy friends and encountering boys! Goodreads official synopsis for the first book

About Georgia's cousin
“There are six things very wrong with my life:

1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.

2. It is on my nose

3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.

4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.

5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.

6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.

In this wildly funny journal of a year in the life of Georgia Nicolson, British author Louise Rennison has perfectly captured the soaring joys and bottomless angst of being a teenager. In the spirit of Bridget Jones's Diary, this fresh, irreverent, and simply hilarious book will leave you laughing out loud. As Georgia would say, it's "Fabbity fab fab!"

You can tell right from the start that this book is bonkers and you will love it! I would recommend this for young girls to old woman, the humour is laugh out loud funny and the drama is totally relatable even when you're older, I get that “Preach to the chore Georgia” thoughts when I read it because we have all been there!
#4

#2
#3


 The first in the series is Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal snogging, this starts with Georgia about the age of 14 so it’s a great read to help girls just coming into high school to have a book that understands what they are going through and give them a funny way to see it play out

The next books in the series are It's OK, I'm wearing really big knickers, Knocked out by my nunga-nungas, dancing in the Nuddy-Pants, …And that’s when it fell off in my hand, …Then he ate my Boy Entrancers, Startled by his furry shorts, Luuurve is a Many trousered thing, Stop in the Name of Pants and Finally Are these My Basoomas I see Before Me?. Do note these are the UK Titles as that is what I own a couple of the books names were changed to try be better in the US market so if you want to read them and you're in the US just look up the other names.
So that’s 10 books in all and they are all worth it, I have re-read this series more than any other because when you're in the mood for something contemporary and happy these always make me feel better plus they are such quick reads!

#7

#5
#6


I do have not note she isn't that fond of my beautiful homeland New Zealand but I will forgive her for this as it is just misunderstanding of its coolness and plus she has other things to worry about like boy entrancers and boys and friends and more boys.

She does have a pretty bonkers (Crazy) family with a mum who is all in Georgia's business and trying to be cool and hip, so does her dad but it's great to see that there are moments where Georgia understands her parents and they even give her some advice. She has a crazy sister too called Libby, who is about 3 -4 in most of the books she like all toddlers has that sneaky streak and she likes to dress there cat up in clothes! Her cat Angus is a god, the story lines also involve him and he is very funny, part Scottish wild cat so creates for some very funny moments, like when he ate his lead...
#10

#8
#9


There has to be a set of BFFs and in this series they are called the Ace Gang, its made up of the leader Georgia, Jas Rosie, Ellen, Jools and Mabs.
I love the relationships that she has with her Ace Gang, especially Jas who is her best friend, they tell each other everything and even though she is close with all of the girls  in the Ace Gang Jas is her BFF. But it's so realistic like how you get annoyed at each other but just can't stay mad for too long and how they talk to each other about all the things to worry about, make up boys. I will stay this book is rather girly but it's great to see all of the characters grow up through all the novels.

There is also some lovely sex god boys that the girls, Tom, Robbie, Dave The Laugh, Sven and many more but I don't want to spoil the funny adventures of Georgia and her friends. But lets say it involves a whelk boy and a guy with a big gob

I totally agree with the Goodreads it’s like a young version of Bridget Jones, and I love the imagination that Louise Rennison puts into these books, from the new words, crazy dances to the having the hump scale it's lighthearted and just fun!And find out where you are on the snogging scale ; ). I would love for her to revisit this series later and maybe create an older Georgia dealing with more grown up situations, I love this story and love these characters!

I highly recommend these books to every one of all ages!, one of my favourite authors forever I give this series 5 stars!

I hope you're doing well and have a great day
Peace : )

No comments:

Post a Comment