Wednesday 13 April 2016

TV Shows I be liking right now!

Hey!

So over the last few months I have been super busy binge watching Netflix! There is so many amazing shows and movies on there that I have just been re living my childhood again and again BUT new shows all of the magical goodness that I have been missing. SO lets talk about 3 series I am so happy are here

THE 100

This show is based on the book series by Kass Morgan known by the same name following 100 teenager juveniles as they are shipped off to post apocalyptic nuclear earth! This is such a crazy premise that I was so excited to start watching the TV show. It first came out at the end of 2013 and has just last month been renewed for a 4th season!

I love the characters with there relationships, its such a good balance of real life issues such as friendships and relationships to crazy action between us and what is on the ground! Its great to see so many new actors and actresses coming forward showing that they are good at what they do. One thing that I am loving more and more is the fact that there is so many coming from Australia! I grew up watching some of these actors on TV shows that came to NZ, its exciting to see something new for them and they are like taking over!.

The thing that really grabbed me was the plot set where the world has been destroyed in a nuclear war and is not save to live on so we all move and live on a spaceship. Seeing that this could happen well the world being destroyed part maybe not the spaceship part sadly but its really cool. Especially how the story is changing and has so many twists and turns! I know that it has gone away from the books and as I have not read them but I think in this case it may actually been a good thing. I can't wait to see where the story goes next! Even my BF who isn't normally into this kind of stuff liked it! Got to catch up on a few episodes though, probs not too many blogs in the next few weeks ;)

Season one synopsis - Love wiki!

"The series is set 97 years after a devastating nuclear apocalypse wiped out almost all life on Earth. The only known survivors lived on 12 space stations in Earth's orbit prior to the apocalyptic event. The space stations banded together to form a single massive station named "The Ark", where about 2,400 people live under the leadership of Chancellor Jaha. Resources are scarce, so all crimes – regardless of their nature or severity – are punishable by ejection into space ("floating") unless the perpetrator is under 18 years of age. After the Ark's life-support systems are found to be critically failing, 100 juvenile prisoners are declared "expendable" and sent to the surface – near former Washington, D.C. – in a last ditch attempt to determine if Earth is habitable again, in a program called "The 100". The teens arrive on a seemingly pristine planet they have only seen from space. They attempt to find refuge and supplies at an old military installation, Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center, located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. However, they land some distance from the intended target and soon face other problems. Confronting both the wonders and the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. They soon discover that not all humanity was wiped out – some survived the war, and are now called Grounders, along with other lurking dangers: Grounders who have become cannibals, known as Reapers, and Mountain Men, who live in Mount Weather."

DEGRASSI NEXT CLASS

I was really sad to hear that one of my favourite childhood TV shows was coming to an end, Degrassi the next generation but I was so excited to see how they were going to end it after 14 seasons! I grew up watching these characters grow up! Plus I know someone that knew a couple of the cast small world indeed. It had such great plots that were so easy to relate to and actually followed some of my own life at time cause dam High School is hard!


But thanks to Netflix they created a new series called Degrassi Next Class, this follows the group of the original cast who were too young to have graduate at the time the 14th season ended. It was kinda call that this idea was done just because I was curious as to how some of there stories would end, I grew to really like some of them and there stories were really quiet sad!.

I did enjoy the first season and it seems that they may be doing another season, the one thing that I did not like was how short the season was. For me 10 episodes with a show that is like 20 minutes long doesn't seem like a long enough time to actually build a story that is one good and 2 actually entertaining. A few of the story lines were really good and I was glad to see Degrassi hasn't lost there kick when it comes to getting to the true matters that count but I found myself really thinking is this what it is like now, I'm only 23 I don't think I am that old! One thing I know a lot of people do agree with how the story played out in the end I do not, I am a female gamer, even if its a noob status I don't see such a high correlation between gaming and being going off the deep end. This was something that really did make me mad but I don't think it was portrayed correctly. I will likely still watch the new season if it comes to that as Degrassi has always been one of my favourites.

Overview of what Degrassi is from Wiki

"This season follows a group of high school sophomores and juniors from Degrassi Community School, a fictional school in Toronto, Ontario, and depicts some of the typical issues and challenges common to a teenager's life. This season will depict a new school year after the previous seniors, some of which debuted during Degrassi The Next Generation, graduated in the previous season. This season will feature another re-branding for the franchise and is being considered a stand alone series to its predecessor. It will tell the stories of a new generation navigating high school drama with groundbreaking stories such as cyber bullying, mental illness, dysfunctional families, sexuality, online harassment, feminism, racial discrimination, life-threatening diseases and drug use. It will also target the new post-millennial teen cohort known as Generation Z."

SHADOWHUNTERS

This was a show I was super excited about happening especially as a TV show can show so much more from a book series that amazing like Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments. Especially as the original movie was really a flop, some things were great and I did agree with some of the casting plus the way they followed the story but not going to lie was pretty crap!. Now we have Shadowhunters and I was very interested to see where it will go especially as they was a lot of talk about trying to follow the books more.


I have watched most of the episodes and are catching up on the last few at the moment! I did really like the new take on the story and the new casting, they fit very well to the characters I picture from the books. The story does move really quick compared to the books and there are a number of things that are very different that I don't like, I have been worried it would go more like most shows that originate from books.

I have given the show a chance and will continue to do so, I have an open mind about it because no way are they going to continue on the same path of the books but I hope the end game is still the same. These are characters I have grown to love especially all of my favourite pairings I just hope if follows a good path. I don't want it to be exactly like the books but I can't wait to see what will happen next!.

Synopsis Overview from Wiki

"Clary Fray has just enrolled at Brooklyn Academy of Arts. On her eighteenth birthday, she learns that she is a Shadowhunter, a human born with angelic blood who protect humans from demons. That night, Clary's mother, Jocelyn Fray, is abducted by a group of rogue Shadowhunters of "The Circle". Their leader is Jocelyn's husband Valentine Morgenstern.
With her mother missing, Clary turns to Luke, a person she trusted, only to seemingly be betrayed. Clary joins up with a band of Shadowhunters to save her mother and discovers powers she never knew she possessed. Clary is thrown into the world of demon hunting with the mysterious, narcissistic, and attractive Shadowhunter, Jace, and also her loyal and geeky friend, Simon. Now living among faeries, warlocks, vampires, and werewolves, Clary begins a journey of self-discovery as she learns more about her past and what her future may hold."

I hope to have some new blogs about a few TV shows that are still going which I LOVE and are my guilty pleasures!

I hope your doing well and have a great day!
Peace : )

No comments:

Post a Comment