Thursday 28 April 2016

Books, Games, Movies and T.V Shows

Hey!

I thought I would do an update on a few things going on at the moment such as new books I have one I'm currently reading. Movies and TV shows that are my thing and some of the games I'm starting!

BOOKS

So I have been a bit late on the bandwagon for this one but I have bought THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J Maas! I even got the beautiful UK covers which are insanely cool looking plus so happy to start this series! I have been waiting a long time to read this series plus with all the hype around it I was a little bit worried to pick it up but when I saw it on special I knew it was a sign that I needed to get this book. It is a fantasy novel for those who do not know following the life of assassin Celaena Sardothien! The reviews are great and the story sounds like its a lot more then your normal fantasy, plus I have read a chapter or two of her writing and love the way she molds a story plus from what I have heard it isn't all just about the generic fantasy elements there is a lot more and the friendships are supposed to be great so I think I'm ready to get into this series especially as so many of the books are out I don't have to wait so long!

I have been in a bit of a reading funk at the moment, but one series seems to be all I can read The Runes Series by Ednah Walters. I'm really loving it so far filled with Norse mythology but is a lot more then I had expected and enjoy her writing style a lot but she is also good at adding some great male characters to the story. The story begins by following Raine as she deals with her missing father and normal high school life that is until a sexy new neighbour moves in! I would really recommend it to anyone that loves this type of mythology and one thing I love is the fact that later on in the books you get to see another POV plus there is a companion series too so plenty of reading. I'm currently reading Seeress Book #4

Because of my slump I have not been able to read LADY MIDNIGHT by Cassandra Clare, I think since there is so much hype around this book I was so excited to get it and drive back into the Shadowhunter world but because of this dam block I have not started! Happily I have not been too spoiled so yay! Hopefully I will get onto this book soon as its HUGE

The last book that I have bought was THE RAVEN KING by Maggie Stiefvater, I think the amazon I got it from sent them out too early as its not supposed to be out for like another week but I was so happy to get this book! The Raven Boys series is one of my all time favourites the story the characters and just everything. Maggies writing in this series is AMAZING!

MOVIES & TV SHOWS

SO due to my epic reading slump I have been watching more and more instead of making my TBR smaller -_- I have been going to classics instead of all of the new shows and movies plus I am still watching the ones I have been talking about in previous posts!
I have started to re watch a couple of my old favourite TV shows Friends and Gilmore Girls! I grew up watching these and to watch them again is just so great it makes me just feel good to re live those moments those feelings it brings back all the nostalgia especially as when I first watched these shows I didn't get all of the humour but no matter how many times I re watch it now I still get those same feelings!


I'm in the mood for this nostalgia cause I have been watching all of those great teen movies with stars like Amanda Bynes, Hilary Duff and the Olsen twins to name a few! Watching what a girl wants still gets the NAWH moments. And I do almost cry in most Hilary Duff movies like Raise your voice then laugh in the Lizzie McGuire movie. The Olsen twins were a staple in my house growing up where my best friend had almost all of these movies so every other sleep over we would re watch them again and again they never get old! I think my favourite might be Getting there and you can never get sad in these movies cause the girl always gets the guy has no rules and there is always an epic music montage or 2. That's the one thing you can always count on in these kinds of movies that music starts playing and you know there will be laughs and normally a number of different outfits...


GAMES

I have been trying to play a bit more but because I work late then have to get up early I don't have as much time for these as I would like especially when its easy to put a TV show or Movie in the background and I read while on the train everywhere! But I am getting ready for the next Diablo 3 season starting next week or this week. I'm excited to see what they have changed and added but especially to see if they have changed the classes too much. It can get annoying when they make most of the other characters have to be support for one class but it happens every time so I don't know what I might play maybe go to Witch Doctor or stick with my favourite Wizard although to be honest I did really enjoy Monk! Love this game with the seasons but also love the story itself so good, I like that in a game the story. but I love how I say that then want to play CS:GO and H1Z1... -_-


The other game I really want to get into is Stardew Valley! I know that it did have a bit of hype and a number of streamers did play it for a while which is why I got so interested in it. You are a city guy of person till you get a message from your granddad that he has passed and wants you to take over his farm. It has a lot of farming aspects obviously but you get to interact with the small town you live in even get a wife or husband if you like! Plus you build your farm with trees animals and crops, the thing that I think makes it different and cool for me is you can go mine ores plus attack creatures with your sword so it has a bit of everything for anyone!

If you have any suggestions let me know!
I hope your all doing well and have a great day!
Peace : )

No comments:

Post a Comment