Tuesday 4 November 2014

Genre of the Day: Historical Fiction

Hey!

I want to do a couple of posts, maybe one a day about some of the genres I like and wish to read more of and maybe even some I don't really like so today I thought I would start with Historical Fiction

I have always loved the idea of historical fiction novels and I have tried with some classics such as Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen which didn't work out well as I found the writing style hard (Probably shouldn't jump right in with a classic). This actually put me off the genre and I couldn't really find anything that interested me, I love fantasy and I found that other worldy experience awesome so why look for something more like our own. I do think its such a large genre too because you can have so many mixes of it but I have now discovered a lot more of this genre, for me time travel back is sort of historical fiction and the series I recently picked up has all of this in it, the Gem trilogy by Kerstin Gier I believe its called with ruby red, sapphire blue and emerald green.


1885
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


23772695
Gem Triology by Kerstin Gier
One of the things I loved was the details about the costumes and about some of the details as well.
Another series where its sort of in this genre but not really is the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare, it is obviously fantasy but I loved the detail she went to to actually find out specific details that helped the book feel more real like you were actually there.




This is definately a genre I want to read more of, I've always loved history and can't wait to read more, such as the bronze horse man series, I find a good booktuber to watch when it comes to historical fiction is PeruseProject she has a great collection of historical fiction.


I will have another blog up soon hopefully tomorrow talking about Contemporary genre

I hope you are doing well and have a great day
Peace :)

(All pictures from Goodreads.com, if you want more info)

No comments:

Post a Comment