Wednesday 5 November 2014

Genre of the Day: Contemporary

Hey!

Today I want to talk a little bit about my feels on the Genre Contemporary, it will be kinda small since you can talk forever about these genres!

There is obviously a lot of different types of contemporary and I have never been the biggest fan as I got older. When I was younger I read a lot of these kinds of books because I think I was trying to learn more, some of my favourites would be the Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison (One of the funniest book series I have ever read! Still a favorite today as I have reread them over like 10 times) and another was the Sisterhood of the travelling pants books by Ann Brashares.


Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants
Georgia Nicolson Series















I liked that these books had a message and I think when I was younger I wanted to know that I wasn't the only one going through things. There are obviously a lot of contemporary types and sub genres but I have always like the funny romantic ones.
I do like the more serious ones and have been trying to find some more to my style, I love a good warm and fuzzy one I hate to admit haha

I think contemporary novels are great especially because you get those stand alone, you can't really write a great fantasy book for instance with just one book. The depth and the issues that some of the books hit on are important and especially in today's society, I really like a book I can connect with and I love those authors who aren't afraid to tell it how it is and paint a vivid picture of the issues affecting young people. I have also wanted to read some more adult books too in the contemporary genre but haven't found any yet

I think some go to authors from this genre would be Stephanie Perkins, Rainbow Rowell and Morgan Matson to name just a few definately have these guys on my TBR, I have also seen though for the more “New Adult” Genre a good author seems to be Colleen Hoover. A book tuber who has some good contemporary books would maybe be Kassidy Voinche, Booktube is a great place to find out about books and I highly recommend it :)


Stephanie Perkins
Morgan Matson
Rainbow Rowell
 (All above books right there are on my TBR! : /)

I will hopefully have another Genre up tomorrow I'm thinking maybe something about FANTASY probably my favorite genre so may take a couple of days

I hope you are doing well and have a great day
Peace :)

(All pictures from Goodreads.com, if you want more info)

No comments:

Post a Comment