Tuesday 3 November 2015

Books I have read lately!

Hey!

So I have a serious problem when it comes to my to be read books... I find a series and then want to try all the books just all of them HOWEVER I have actually read most of the books that I did put on my TBR lately so that has to mean something right?
Darkest Elements #2

Darkest Elements #0.5

Darkest Elements #1




Darkest Elements #3
I have read half of my Jennifer L Armentrout fantasy TBR, having read the complete Dark Elements series and OMG I loved it! The characters the story the demons, the gargoyles everything was so good and one of my favourite books this year is definitely Ever Last Breath! This series was so good, though I made the mistake of not reading Bitter Sweet Love first even though the series still made sense before I read it! I have both cover options here I don't know which one I think is better.

 I have also read The Return, the spin off series from the Covenant series and that was also super good! I loved being back in that world it was fun and so awesome to have the 2 point of views it was refreshing. I can't wait to read the next book in the series (Totally hope we get some Alex and Aidan!).
Titan #1 (This cover though ; )

I have not read 2 on that challenge of mine being Wicked and Obsession which are 2 new adult series so not for the younger reader but I am still excited to get into these and I so have both of them!

I have also finished the group of series by R.K Ryals! this was 3 series in total, The Redemption Series which is epic Dayton's story (no spoilers), The Acropolis Series which is Gargoyle Conor's story and Thorne Trilogy Series which is Monroe's witch story! I had mixed feelings about each of these series and will try to a full series review for each of the series to get all the feels out. My favourite I think was the Thorne Series got a love me some Monroe and Luther!
Dayton's Story
Monroe's Story



Conor's Story

I have finished the current books in the Raven Boys series by Maggie Stiefvater , can I just say these books are magical! its like everything I want all in one book and dayum shit is going down! I need the next book bad.
I think my favourite would be Blue Lily Lily Blue which is the 3rd book in the series and can I just say the writing style and the way that she weaves this story that makes it so easy to like and to get so into the stories I feel for Blue, Ronan, Adam, Noah and Gansey they are such great characters plus Ronsey is like my favourite bromance ever! I can not fault this series its literally AMAZING this will be automatically on my favourites of all time and I can't wait for the last one! Although I need to get The Raven Boys again because I only have it on Kindle and I have the other 2 in an actual book, plus yo dem covers bros!

Book #3
Book #1


Book #2

Other books that I have read but have not talked about on much but been on my original TBR some of them I think, gosh too many books and not enough time,

Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott, I read these not too long ago and I really do not get why I waited, I was in the perfect mood for this book and it delivered everything I wanted and more! The concept the characters the plot its totally dun dun DUN! There are so many aspects from heaps of other books that it just works plus I really want a pandora like in the books, who wouldn't want an epic buddy who protects you and can do cool tricks!? I got the original covers also of the second one Salt and Stone SOOOOO PRETTY! One of my favourite series of the year hands down! However cover change... not happy about it
Book #1



I have finally started the After Dark series by C.C Hunter with Reborn, I didn't know how much I missed this world till I went back and am so happy that she kept this world going with the feisty vampire Della's story. I do miss Kyle but its cool to see everyone from the original Shadow falls series and dayum something is brewing! I have the next book Eternal as well and this was just as good! I am super excited to read the last book and a little sad to see it all end. I have also said the ebook for Miranda called Spellbinder which was so cool! finally getting some Miranda time and she is so different from Kylie and Della that it was so refreshing. Also to go with the After Dark series I have read the Novella Unbreakable from the new guy in the Shadow Falls universe Chase Tallman, so cool to see his roots
Novella #4
Book #2

Novella #3


Another book that I read was See Me by Wendy Higgins, I wasn't sure if I would like the story as it follows Robyn as she is betrothed to someone from birth, it is set when fae are real and her family have this kind of blood. It was perfect for me after having read a hardcore fantasy book its cute and just a gosh darn lovely book. I loved her Sweet Evil trilogy and this just made me love her writing even more she can write a great story.

This series! I need to read book 2!
Book #1 Though I want more!




















And last but not least I have read The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, I have been wanting to read this book for so long but just never got around to doing so and now I realize how much I have been missing out! This was such a cool book, the concept is so different and I praise this woman for coming up with this its not just original its so detailed and just YES!, I can't wait to get the next one the first one was super good!

I have been reading a lot more and will have a couple of series reviews coming soon!

Hope you are all well and having a great day!
Peace :)



No comments:

Post a Comment